Fire fighters save historic Church of Scotland building after early morning blaze breaks out in central Edinburgh.
An electrical fire at the General Assembly Hall on Mound Place broke out at 5.09am on Monday morning.
The building was unoccupied at the time.
A spokesman said: “The Scottish Fire and Rescue Service was alerted at 5.09am on Monday, December 18 to reports of an automatic fire alarm at the General Assembly Hall of the Church of Scotland in Edinburgh.
“Operations Control immediately mobilised three fire appliances to the scene at Mound Place.
“Firefighters wearing breathing apparatus used CO2 fire extinguishers to put out a small fire which had occurred behind electrical panelling.
“Crews left the scene at 6.48am after ensuring the area had been made safe.”